Everyone should realize the advantages of drinking filtered water, and share them with people who are close to them. In order to spread the many, different benefits of drinking filtered water, they should read the following educational guide to become well informed, happy, healthy and lead an environmentally-friendly life.
Drinking water comes in different forms, each of which comes with hype: tap, bottled, alkaline and distilled, among others. So, it can be confusing for everyday consumers. However, they need not worry, since they can get help from the article below. Here are the best reasons to choose filtered water:
Common Elements Removed by Filtration
Arsenic – A powerful carcinogenic, which has been associated with an increased risk of different types of cancer, may sometimes be present in tap water.
Aluminum – Unfiltered municipal water can cause increased aluminum consumption. This metal has been associated with Alzheimer’s disease, learning disabilities in children, hyperactivity, skin problems and liver disease, to name a few.
Disinfection Byproducts – Harmful elements like DBP’s are caused by disinfecting water with a powerful carcinogenic like chlorine.
Fluoride – Fluoride is linked to oral health improvement, but it can actually cause several, different, health conditions, like a weaker immune system, as well as cellular damage that speeds up aging.
About Bottled Water
Some may be surprised to know that 40% of bottled water actually contains tap water. Aside from this unknown fact, there are other different risks involved in drinking bottled water:
The bottle bottles are made with a chemical known as bisphenol A (BPA). This is a synthetic hormone disruptor, which has been linked to several health problems:
- behavioral and learning disabilities
- breast and prostate cancer
- impaired immune system function
- early puberty in males and females
- breast and prostate cancer
Though bottled water is the fastest growing part of the whole beverage industry, it is also considered one of the largest polluting ones. The awareness that bottled water is rarely of high quality compared to tap water has brought the industry’s environmental aspect to new levels.
When people filter their water at home, they will do their part in helping the environment and prevent the following:
The process of degrading a huge amount of plastic that can take a minimum of 300 years;
Producing a plastic bottle that takes three times as much water than filling it;
Petroleum is needed in recycling plastic water bottles, on top of the transport costs involved in the recycling process.
10 Reasons Why Water Should be Filtered
- Drinking water is critical to overall health.
- Costs less than bottled water.
- It is healthier to drink filtered water than alkaline, distilled and vitamin waters.
- It has a better taste than tap water.
- Protects from diseases and brings about better overall health.
- Eliminates cryptosporidium and giardia, reducing the risk of gastrointestinal disease by over 30%.
- It is critical for the development of children’s immune systems.
- Water filters defend the body from more than 2,000 known toxins that are not probably removed by municipalities.
- Is more environmentally friendly that bottled water.
- Enhances skin hydration.